Sunday, December 16, 2012

Scrumptious Sundays: Chocolate and Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies

My apologies in the sudden stop of my Scrumptious Sundays series. Life has been crazy busy but I really want to get started again.
 
I found the most delicious picture on Pinterest and wanted to create myself.
The picture from Pinterest linked to a recipe from Doughmesstic.

I didn't have heavy cream so I substituted for half and half. I also used a teaspoon of lemon juice instead of orange zest.
 
Instead of making them into bars like their picture shows, I decided I wanted to make little cups. I rolled the shortbread dough into balls and smooshed them into a cupcake pan and wrappers with a tiny cup. I only baked for 20 minutes as the edges start to turn a golden brown.
 
My only recommendations are to make sure you have a candy thermometer. My caramel didn't set up quite right and I believe it's because I did not get it to the right temperature.
 
 
I must say these turned out delicious and I will certainly make them again. 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yer such a doll (or action figure if you prefer) for leavin' a comment on my little bloggity!
You ought to do it again soon!

Loaves and fishes!!